Albany, NY

I got keloids from ear piercings 2x, they went down but i want either my navel or nose pierced. which one would less likely develop a keloid?

Dr. Thomas Fiala
Plastic Surgery 33 years experience
Neither: Since you've proven that your body is good at making keloids, the smart thing to do is to avoid all future piercings. They'll probably all keloid!
Dr. Otto Placik
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Keloid prone: It appears that you are keloid prone and therefore you are tempting fate and likely to experience another adverse reaction. However, the truth, is that true keloids rarely go down and it is likely you are experiencing a reaction to the metal or a hypertrophic scar.

Last updated Jul 28, 2013