Could you tell me if i'm anemic and i'm pregnant do i have any health risks for when i give birth to my baby?

Dr. Martin Rubenstein
Hematology and Oncology 45 years experience
Probably not.: When pregnant your body's blood volume increases to meet the baby's needs. In some women, the increase in the liquid part of blood, plasma, increases more than the red cell mass, and you look anemic from dilution. This is normal physiology. For others, the anemia is more extreme and can reflect iron deficiency. Prenatal vitamins usually correct this. After delivery anemia should resolve.
Dr. Otto Placik
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Prob won't help/hurt: A balanced diet with intake of recommended daily vitamins is probably the best and extremes of either too much or too little can have adverse consequences.

Last updated Aug 15, 2013