do you think i should feel bad or ashamed for feeling depressed and avoiding people?

Dr. Raymond Coffin
Clinical Psychology 26 years experience
No shame: The impulse to isolate is one of the effects of clinical depression, and there is no reason to feel shame. However, as much as possible, push yourself to say engaged with people you trust who care about your welfare. While it "comes with the territory, " allowing ourselves to become totally isolated increases the difficulty of climbing out of depression. Stay connected.
Dr. Catherine Willner
Neurology 35 years experience
No, but: Best to seek help about this rather than feeling bad or ashamed. The reporter mike wallace told the world about this after hiding it for many years. Depression is not any reason to be ashamed. Please seek help about this rather than avoiding treatment options.