Baltimore, MD

Last winter, i broke the last bone of my big toe. initially it wasok, but now it hurts. the other bone is also protrudinga bit on the top of the foot. my achilles tendon hurts after long walks. should i undergo a surgery?

Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
Podiatry 23 years experience
Need to see dr: Your description is inconclusive without an actual examination. See a foot and ankle specialist. Surgery may not be your only option.
Dr. Horacio Capote
Specializes in Psychiatry
See your doc: You need to have a podiatrist or orthopedic surgeon that works slot w/feet take a look at it. It may not require surgery but there's no way of knowing w/o it being examined. Good luck.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
I think a proper: Follow up is warranted and this doesn't necessarily mean surgery. A follow up xray to see how the bone healed. While, you are there the achilles' tendon could be examined and treated appropriately.
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 35 years experience
Broken big toe: Certainly an exam is the first thing you need is an exam and xrays. Surgery is not the only answer , but all thing begin with an exam. The achilles can be examined at the same time and may be hurting because of splinting off the hallux. Best of luck.

Last updated Mar 4, 2016