Portugal

does your acne get worse when you start accutane before it starts to get better? i'm very sad and my confidence is gone. my acne is worse 2 weeks in

Dr. Robert Hartman
Dermatology 39 years experience
Yes it does: Acne flares on Accutane especially at higher doses. It is a highly effective drug for bad acne and worth the wait.
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 32 years experience
Accutane: Accutane is given to patients for treating severe acne that do not respond to other medicines. Accutane is a retinoid. It works by reducing skin oil production, changing the characteristics of the skin oil, and preventing abnormal hardening of the skin. Accutane can cause a flare of your acne. Stay with Accutane as 80% of the patients who take this medication never have acne again.

Last updated Jun 24, 2014