Romania

Is it possible that conjunctivitis, after it was treated, to leave eye damage?i can't see as clear as i could when i look far away with my left eye...

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
Not likely: Conjunctivitis is largely an infection of the lining of the eye rather than the seeing parts of the eye. When over, these revert to normal. However I have a number of patients with minor eyeglass needs who were not aware of this prior to their conjunctivitis - who when thinking about their eyes afterwards note a need for eyeglasses and attribute it to the infection when it was there before.

Last updated Jul 17, 2013