Chicago, IL

My daughter (3yr) says her nose itches sometimes say it hurts and is constantly picking her nose due to it. what could it be and how to help her?

Dr. Holly Maes
Allergies: This is very suspicious for allergies. Them you get into that vicious cycle of rubbing and irritating it, picking at it and irritating it more and on and on and on. If this is a year round problem, she may need to be on a nasal spray or allergy med. If seasonal (for me, when trees bloom in spring), try to avoid contact with the irritants. And be all means, keep her away from second hand smoke!
Dr. David Hardin
Wound care 36 years experience
Keep in mind also that there may be a habituated or other behavioral component as well
Jul 16, 2013
Dr. Robert Dorsey
Wound care 36 years experience
Not sure: Saying that i would see your doctor to make sure she doesn't have a foreign body stuck up in her nose.

Last updated Sep 29, 2016