i have two very tiny little lump or bump on each side of my cheeks inside my mouth right next to my gums what is this?i hope that it not oral cancer

2 doctor answers
Dr. Bruce Pope
44 years experience Dentistry
Not cancer: First when you have the same condition on both sides of your body it is likely a normal condition if the spot your are referring is on your cheek opposite your upper six year old molar, it is the duct for the parotid gland. It is one of the larger glands that produces the saliva i(spit) in your mouth. It is scary looking and I have had the ? Several times in my office.
Answered on Apr 19, 2016
1
1
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
I agree with Dr. Pope's answer. However, not being able to actually see it for ourselves, it would be a good idea to have your own dentist take a look at it, as well as a full head and neck cancer screening which many dentists do as a part of their regular checkups. This will also put your mind at ease.
Jul 12, 2013
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
35 years experience Dentistry
Don't worry: Don't worry. Cancer is most common in older men who smoke and drink a lot. This is typically normal tissue, especially since it is on both sides. If you are concerned have your dentist check this for you.
Answered on Jun 2, 2015