New York, NY

I have a cyst on both parotid gland nd a lesion on the floor of the mouth n a mucocoele bottom of my lips n torus malibrularis inside my gums what dis?

Dr. Bruce Pope
Dentistry 45 years experience
Don't panic: The mandibular torus is a normal, common finding. It is extra bone on the inside of your lower bicuspids. Mucocles are also a common finding and come and go. Basically they are temporarily blocked minor salivary glands that occur all over your mouth. Now an actual cyst is a different matter but... Since it is on both sides, you most likely heard a poor description of a normal finding.
Dr. Scott Harwood
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Bony growth: A torus mandibularis is a slow growing bony growth on the inside of the lower jaw bone. Typically they are little more than an annoyance and require no treatment unless they interfere with the placement of a denture or if they are subject to irritation and ulceration from repeated trauma.

Last updated Jun 12, 2017