FL

abe chronic radial artery occlusion due to thrombosis. off blood thinners. was told pain is not due to occlusion. what would cause pain in hand?

Dr. Krishna Narayanan
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Symptoms: Symptoms of arterial occlusion can include discoloration of skin and pain of the affected limb. Some patients may also experience tingling
Dr. Robert Gluck
Hand Surgery 39 years experience
Occluded artery: The vascular supply of the hand is very variable. So you need to be evaluated to see if there is a vascular/blood supply issue or if this is a so-called "red herring" and there is another completely different issue. There are many other causes of pain in the hand, too many to list here. Everything from carpal tunnel to tedonitis to arthritis etc...