Tuscaloosa, AL

I am vegan, and i keep track of calories/fat/protein. i am noticing that i am getting 0 cholesterol. is this unhealthy?

Pathology 44 years experience
You're fine: All real vegan diets have zero cholesterol. Your body makes its own cholesterol. I'm going to assume you supplement for the nutrients that you CANNOT get otherwise as a vegan, and that you have a reliable source of information about this aspect of your lifestyle choice. It's a moral one and I admire you. If you really know what you are doing, it can be as healthy as any other. Best wishes.

Last updated Nov 27, 2014