NJ

when healthtap doctor says, allergy shots could work for eczema, is that mean atopic dermatitis is also treatable? are they similar terms?

Dr. Nela Cordero
ATOPIC DERMATITIS: Atopic dermatitis is allergic in origin manifested by eczema or other itchy rashes located in the cubital and popliteal areas, recurrent in nature unless allergen is discovered. The allergy shots are given to desensitized the patient.
Dr. Joram Seggev
Specializes in Allergy and Immunology
Atopic dermatitis is due to a combination of an abnormality of the skin and allergies. Immunotherapy (allergy shots) are not indicated for the disease. However, in some highly allergic patients allergy shots may help with its symptoms.
Aug 14, 2019