United Kingdom (Great Britain)

I dislocated my finger two days ago and straight away i 'popped' it back into place; its swollen, bruised, it hurts/aches do i need to see a doctor?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Geriatrics 40 years experience
Yes: The sooner the better. Not uncommon to developed lesion of the ligaments and tendons after injuries than can cause deformities and loss of function.
Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Allen Luanswered
Orthopedic Surgery 24 years experience
Depends: If it moves well and does not appear rotated, you will likely end up with the same result whether you see an orthopedic surgeon or not. However, you will get help with improving stiffness and predicting the final outcome.

Last updated Apr 14, 2018