if you had breast implants for someone else and you are no longer with them is it a good idea to get them removed?

5 doctor answers
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Aim to please?: Having breast implants for reasons other than your own desire to have them is problematic for just this reason. If you don't want them, then have them removed and be able in the future to "just say no" to requests to alter your body image for someone else.
Answered on Jun 11, 2017
1
Dr. Daniel Careaga
17 years experience Plastic Surgery
Ummmm: I'm not sure what exactly you mean, but if you had surgery because your partner wanted you to have bigger breasts, that was a mistake. If you are unhappy with them, then yes, by all means you should have them removed. Aesthetic procedures should never be done to try and please a partner. Good luck!
Answered on Sep 14, 2014
1
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Maybe.: Patients undergoing breast augmentation surgery should do so only if they are self motivated. At this point, if you are pleased with the appearance/feel of your breasts, best to leave them alone. Do not have them removed unless, you are again internally motivated to do so. Best wishes.
Answered on Jun 30, 2013
1
Dr. Andres Sarraga
16 years experience Plastic Surgery
Basically if they make you happy keep them
Jun 30, 2013
Dr. Jason Lichten
22 years experience Plastic Surgery
Do it for you: Any plastic surgery carries risks and benefits. I tell all my patients that they should only have surgery if this is something they want for themselves. I would have discouraged you from getting implants for a partner in the first place, but the decision to have them removed is one you need to make for yourself; no one here can make that decision for you.
Answered on Apr 8, 2015
2
Dr. Richard Zienowicz
37 years experience Plastic Surgery
Not for spite: If you had breast augmentation my guess is that you were ok with making that change because you felt it would make you both happy. If that's not true then you need to take some time for healing after a break up to decide what is best for you. Taking out your implants is not like discarding a ring or some photos. Best to make a healthy not an emotional choice.
Answered on Jul 6, 2013