Honduras

Father died 3 yr ago died at a traumatic time, now i deal with ptsd, now i can't remember him much, i feel numb for him loved him lots before advice?

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Psychotherapy: This will help you cope with your grief issues and traumatic memories.
Dr. Eric Levin
Dr. Eric Levin commented
Self help books are good adjuncts, one of the first and still best is ' on death and dying" by Katherine K. Ross.
Jun 25, 2013
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology 30 years experience
Talk to someone: You have my deepest sympathy. I would suggest finding a professional to talk to. This could be a psychiatrist or a psychologist to help you work through these feelings. Good luck.
Post traumatic : Reactions. I am sorry for your loss. You likely already know that the emotional numbing is part of ptsd & in no way means that you don't still love your father. The inability to remember him is also a protective brain mechanism. It hard when you search to recall memories of someone you love or when you can't remember what their face looked like. Cognitive processing therapy is especially >>>.
Provided original answer
effective for the treatment of PTSD. How much have you worked through your grief? Grief counseling may be helpful as well. Take care.
Aug 3, 2013

Last updated May 29, 2016