is it better to get a breast lift at the same time as having implants removed and not replaced or is it better to remove then wait a few months first?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Payman Danielpour
18 years experience Plastic Surgery
If time permits: If you have time to wait for another operation it would be better to wait and see how much the skin retracts so the breast lift can be optimal.
Answered on Sep 3, 2013
1
Dr. Thomas Fiala
32 years experience Plastic Surgery
Depends: If you had obvious droop of the breasts either before the implants were placed, or now - then you may as well get the lift at the same time. If you had a normal, non-droopy breast shape, and your skin elasticity is ok, and there's no droop - you may just need implant removal. Usually over about 6 months, in those cases, the skin will tighten up and look ok. Speak with your local plastic surgeon.
Answered on Jun 23, 2013
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Breast Lift Surgery: Each patient differs with the exact procedure that may work best for their circumstance. Some patients can proceed with both surgeries at the same time, others are advised to do the procedures in stages. A physical examination will be very important in determining what needs to be performed. I have attached a link to my website that discusses the procedures in detail. I hope this helps.
Answered on Jan 6, 2020