U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 40-year-old member asked:

What is the best way to admit that i was sexually assaulted and how do i recover?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jason Berman
A Verified Doctoranswered
undefined 14 years experience
Talk to a therapist: In a confidential setting with a competent psychologist or therapist i recommend that you talk through all the feelings associated with being assaulted. Often people who were assaulted have shame around the incident. You can find a therapist close to you here: http://www.Rainn.Org/get-help be well..It will get better.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 35-year-old female asked about a female:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 21-year-old female asked:
2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer12 doctors weighed in
A 33-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer6 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jul 14, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.