what would you suggest i do to convince my brother to stop smoking cigarettes?

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine 73 years experience
You can't: It has to come from the smoker, .

My sister smokes(like a chimney!)andi love her dearly. What do I do/say to convince her to stop smoking?

Dr. James Goodpaster
Dentistry 29 years experience
Not Much: Every smoker that's not in a cave knows it isn't good for them & if they say they want to stop but don't, they aren't ready to stop. They will stop when they decide they want to. Trying to talk to them or convince them to stop is more likely to cause problems between you since she will feel she needs to pick one of you and you won't win. You can make it clear she cannot smoke in your car or home.