What are the causes of seizure in pre-teens?

Dr. Kristi Woods
Different things: Which need to be evaluated. I would not ignore this; take child to their doctor for evaluation and possible referral to a neurologist.
Dr. Jonathan Dissin
Neurology 39 years experience
Many causes: I agree with the previous answer, that your child needs to be seen. If the pediatrician is not comfortable treating childhood epilepsy, please ask for a referral to a pediatric neurologist. There are many drugs available to treat seizures, the goal in therapy is to pick the one that controls the seizures, with the fewest side effects, and the least impact on your child's life.