NV

My body hurts i have a bad cough and head feels like it is going to explode. my eyes burn my chest hurt its hard to breath what is wrong with me?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Allergy and Immunology 44 years experience
Influenza: The "flu" is my guess. But we'll all be guessing without seeing you so give your doctor a call for a quick visit.
Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Pulmonary Critical Care 31 years experience
Well put by Dr. Machtinger. There are questions whose answers just don't lend themselves to online advice websites, and this -along with any question that sounds like "Why does my _____ hurt" - is definitely one of them. I hope you feel better soon, and if it is influenza, you most probably will. If you don't fell better, please call your doctor's office.
Feb 21, 2012
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Many possibilities..: You could have the flu, depending on whether you have a fever, which is typically the case with the flu. It could also be a host of other conditions including pneumonia, bronchitis, etc. The only way to know for sure is to see a doctor. Should you experience shortness of breath, you should go to the er as this can be a life-threatening symptom. You may need some tests as well. Good luck!

Last updated Jul 25, 2016