can having acne mean that you're still in puberty?

Pathology 44 years experience
No: I was able to discontinue treatment in my early 50's.

Does all this acne mean I am still going through puberty?

Dr. Liuska Pesce
Pediatric Endocrinology 23 years experience
No: Acne is a problem caused by increased sebum production, bacterial infection, inflammation or accumulation of dead cells at the follicle. Puberty increases sebum production, and that is why acne is seen in puberty but adults can have acne for other reasons. Puberty usually is complete around 14 years in females and around 16 years in boys, although there are late bloomers.

Please tell me how long it takes for to outgrow puberty acne?

Dr. David Sneid
Endocrinology 41 years experience
Usually: Gets better as puberty resolves, but some people have acne problems for life. See a good dermatologist.

Could there be a certain phase in puberty that gives you lots of acne?

Dr. David Sneid
Endocrinology 41 years experience
The: Entire duration of puberty is characterized the increases in sex hormones which predispose to acne. It's part of maturation. Sorry.

Last updated Jun 26, 2013