My b.p reads 90/150. should i start medication or change the life style. my age is 34 and have a family history of high b.p. please suggest?

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Pulmonary Critical Care 25 years experience
First: Start with exercise, weight loss, and salt control. If it does not work, start on medications.
Dr. Linda Gromko
Change your ways now: If your blood pressure is 150/90 and you have a family history of high blood pressure, you would be smart to control any risk factors which contribute to high blood pressure. For example: get exercise, reduce weight if you are overweight or obese, and minimize your intake of salt. If you are a smoker, that habit's just got to go! all of these measures will help tremendously in the long run.

Last updated Nov 27, 2017