I am taking nortrel 1/35. the first month my period was only spotting for two days. this month i spotted day 1, red blood(but not heavy) for day2&3, day 4 brown spotting. is this normal? hpt all neg.

Dr. Joe Merritt
Light and short OK: Period on bcp is only there to reassure you are not pregnant, so ok to start new pck. Comes because you stopped the pills with hormone. It is not a "real" period. The amount you bleed is related to the dose of hormone in the pills. When periods are really short and light you may actually skip one from time to time. This is normal.

Last updated May 17, 2014