I cough before bed and in my sleep. it happens in episodes and it sounds like i am choking. there is no wheezing and no other symptoms. what is wrong?

Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dentistry 43 years experience
Several things: You need to see a physician. You may have allergies that are exacerbated when you are in a reclined position to sleep or you may have mild acid reflux which becomes evident when reclined. If allergies, you could try nasal irrigation with a netti pot and mild salt solution (per the instructions) this may remove enough allergins from your sinus to reduce this problem.

Last updated Jul 9, 2018