how do i get my teeth whiter?

Dr. Behram Dalal
Dentistry 31 years experience
There are a host: Of whitening agents over the counter and through your dentist. Depending on degree of whiteness desired - best to be evaluated by your dentist to see what system would be best for you. Hope this helps.
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dentistry 43 years experience
Depends: If your teeth are intact without major restoration, in-office with take home tray teeth whitening is the non-invasive choice, so long as your teeth are healthy & clean. If your teeth are significantly restored, then either all porcelain crowns or porcelain laminate veneers are a good choice. See your dentist who will perform a thorough evaluation and discuss what are your best treatment option.
Dr. Rod Zimmerman
Dentistry 37 years experience
Visit your dentist: Your dentist can advise you of many options to whiten your teeth. Professional whitening include power or laser bleaching, and/or tray delivery. Otc products, such as crest whitening strips also can whiten your teeth.
Dr. George Ayoub
Cosmetic Dentistry 18 years experience
Many ways: Zoom, bleaching trays are two options.
Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
Dentistry 51 years experience
Whiter teeth: First see your dentist for an examination to make sure your teeth are healthy and repaired, and that your gums are healthy. Then have your teeth cleaned. Your dentist can then recommend the best procedure for whitening. Choices include in office whitening, at home whitening trays, or a combination of both.
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 45 years experience
Several: There are several ways to whiten your teeth, but i would not consider the toothpastes that claim "whitening" or the otc methods. The best way to get a predictable tooth whitening is by a dentist. There are several sophisticated procedures with special lights and special lightening solutions (that are a lot stronger than can be bought otc.) bleaching trays are often made for home bleaching.
Dr. Alan Zweig
Dentistry 45 years experience
Professional whiten: Go to your dentist to have professional teeth whitening done. In my office you are under a lamp for 24 minutes, and your teeth will whiten anywhere from seven to nine shades on average.
Dr. Justin Zumstein
Dentistry 24 years experience
Bleaching: Whitening toothpaste can help reduce stains (coffee, tea, tobacco) on the outside of teeth. But, to really whiten teeth, there are three different types of 'bleaching': 1. Over-the-counter = crest whitestrips. 2. Trays that hold bleaching gel against the teeth, and 3. In-(dental)office bleaching. All three types of whitening are effective. The faster the effects, the more expensive.
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dentistry 43 years experience
Depends: If your teeth are intact without major restoration, in-office with take home tray teeth whitening is the non-invasive choice, so long as your teeth are healthy ; clean. If your teeth currently are not very dark, then try crest whitestrips or kao sheer white to attain good results. See your dentist who will perform a thorough evaluation and discuss what are your best treatment options.
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry 38 years experience
Bleaching: There are many procedures to whiten teeth . You can try whitening toothpastes or strips. The fastest way is to have your dentist make you bleaching trays and you use a take home bleaching agent or your dentist can do an in office bleaching as well.
Dr. David Padula
Dentistry 34 years experience
The success of the bleaching procedure depends also on the condition of the teeth, types of restorations and the cause of the darkened teeth.
Aug 27, 2012
Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Meng Syn answered
Dentistry 38 years experience
Depends: Teeth bleaching in a dental office is your best shot at whitening your teeth. Most bleaching solutions are a type of hydrogen peroxide in gel form. The main difference between over the counter bleaching and in office is concentration . If your teeth are extrinsicly stained, good brushing habits and avoiding coffee sodas and othe acidic drinks will help keep them stay whiter.
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry 33 years experience
Lumineers: I saw all of the good answers about whitening and i agree with the other doctors! there is another path which can whiten your teeth. Lumineers require no grinding down of the teeth & can turn stained dark teeth into beautiful white teeth. We have many patients who have gotten lumineers when whitening was not quite what they wanted. Choose a dentist with a lot of lumineers experience!
Dr. Pablo Cuevas
Prosthodontics 35 years experience
Bleaching may help: Dental bleaching has come a long way. I use kor deep bleaching in my office and it works predictably. However once you whiten your teeth you have to keep applying the gel 1-2 applications (over night) a month for as long as you want to keep that color. For people that do not want to do this porcelain veneers may be a better solution.
Dr. Leonard Tau
Specializes in Dentistry
Visit a dentist: Dentist can provide many types of tooth whitening. Anything over the counter in my opinion is a complete waste of money. Call you dentist and ask if they offer tooth whitening.
Dr. Felicia Mata
Cosmetic Dentistry 25 years experience
By using toothpaste: With baking soda, rinse after drinking or eating colored foods, and good dental oral hygiene - on top of visiting your dentist regularly to get a good polishing. If you want a hollywood white, see a dentist who can bleach your teeth just like what dr. Tau recommended. Goodluck ! :).
Dr. Uttma Dham
Dentistry 23 years experience
Teeth whitening: There are several good ways to whiten the teeth. First one is to use whitening trays with whitening gel. This is given to you by your dentist and you do it conviniently in your house. The other ways are to do it in office under supervision of te dentist using a laser or uv light. All methods work well. If you want one shot whitening then in office is good for you. Hope that helps.