got thrush from augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) a month ago. took nystatin (140ml). did not cure. can't afford meds now. what can i do?

Dr. John Luther
22 years experience Addiction Medicine
Thrush tx: Sounds like you need Diflucan (fluconazole) which is very cheap now that it is available in generic. Even when using meds you should practice your best oral hygeine to treat thrush. There are prescription cards available for free and walart may have the medication for $4. Call the doctor that gave you the Nystatin and ask if it is possible to phone in a script for an alternative since the Nystatin didn't.
Answered on Apr 2, 2016
1
2
Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Holly Maes commented
36 years experience Pediatrics
You may even be able to get a free dose of the med from samples at a local health department or free clinic if you have one in your area. It's at least worth a phone call to your local health department to find out!
Jun 14, 2013