Frisco, TX

I dislocated my knee last month, i lost muscle in my thigh. how long does it take to get back muscle?

Dr. Charles Miller
Orthopedic Surgery 43 years experience
Kneecap/patella?: A dislocated kneecap/patella is a less serious condition than a true knee dislocation, that can often result in artery and/or nerve injury in addition to the ligament issues. Loss of muscle tone in the quadriceps is common with any injury or surgery. Straight leg raising or quad tightening exercises can help. Always start with the good leg with the exercise. It will help retrain the weak leg.

Last updated Feb 2, 2016