my hand starts to tingle and number when i use it. there is also pain as if circulation is cut off. could it be related to my chiari. malformation?

2 doctor answers
Dr. William Gaya
29 years experience Neurology
Carpal tunnel: I see it unlikely that the chiari malformation is the cause of your symptoms. It is more likley to be diw to conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome, where the median nerve to the hand gets entrapped at the base of the wrist under the transverse ligament. Check with your physician for confirmation and treatment. Most of the time resolves with a brace (clock up splint). Hope you feel well soon.
Answered on Dec 9, 2013
Dr. William Singer
51 years experience Pediatric Neurology
Vascular: your symptoms sound like a vascular issue, not due to the chiari malformation. Speak to your doctor about an evaluation with a vascular specialist.
Answered on Sep 16, 2017