i have 5 red spots on the roof of my mouth. no other symptoms. what could be causing them, and should i see a doctor or wait and see if they go away?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Martin Raff
55 years experience Infectious Disease
Cannot diagnose: Without seeing these it is impossible to tell what they are, but your second option seems reasonable. If they go away, do not worry. If they get worse or there are more, see someone sooner. Good luck and have a good weekend.
Answered on Jun 7, 2013
1
Dr. Bruce Pope
44 years experience Dentistry
Irritation: Since you have no pain they are not likely cause by the virus that causes cold sores. If adjacent to a tooth it could be your tooth brush is not drying out completely between uses. Alternate TB if this is the case. Foods can irritate minor salivary glands or smoking. All of the above should clear up in 2 wks or less. If not, you need to see a health professional.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014
1