my child has had strep. throat before, and he has tics and/or ocd. does that mean he has pandas?

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Not enough: Panda's requires periodic flare-ups of tics/ocd associated with recent infection and elevated antistreptocccocal antibodies - aso and antidnase - that elevated when the symptoms flare. Your doctor is the only one who can diagnose panda's.
Dr. Shawn Cassady
Family history (FH)?: Prob not. Strept is so common. Tics common enough. Many cases of pandas have genetic vulnerability. That being a heritable protein on the cell membrane which is similar to strept. Fh of rheumatoid arthritis, rhematoid heart disease or syndenham's chorea (st. Vitas dance) increases chances of having it. Multiple and/ or severe strept will increase the risk of autoimmune activity in people with fh.