I have tingling and numbness in my right pinky finger and how it seems to be beginning in my shoulder and going down my right arm. ?

Dr. Michael Jones
Nerve: The pinky numbness could be an irritated or "pinched" nerve at the elbow or in the forearm (called cubital tunnel syndrome). However, if it seems to be starting at the shoulder it could be caused by a similar process in the armpit area (brachial plexus) or in the neck. Some vitamin deficiencies can cause nerve related pain (neuropathy). You should see your doctor.
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
What R U doing?: What r u doing when this happens? Is there any pain in your neck? Are you leaning on the armrest? Is your head cricked over into one position for a long time? See your doctor with your observations and maybe he/she can hlep you.
Dr. Martin Tamler
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 33 years experience
Numbness: To know for sure, you need an examination. Differential diagnosis could be C8 cervical radiculopathy (pinched nerve in neck), brachial plexopathy, peripheral nerve entrapment such as ulnar neuropathy, or even myofascial pain with trigger points. Would suggest a pm&r evaluation for definitive diagnosis and treatment.

Last updated Jun 5, 2019