i have had legionnaire's disease and been treated with large doses of erythromycin. is there any chance that the bacteria are still in my system, remaining a threat?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Allergy and Immunology 17 years experience
Illness: There is always a chance, but most likely not. Legionnaires is a disease that is treated with antibiotics, but if you have a strong immune system, you should develop antibodies to help protect if you were infected again. You could still get sick, but it would be much less serious.
Dr. Michael Ein
Infectious Disease 48 years experience
No: Once cured of acute infection with legionella sp. There is no residual occult infection or carrier state.