is there a relation between grinded teeth and jaw pain?

Dr. Benjamin Vela
Dentistry 15 years experience
Definitely: Short answer: yes. Grinding, aka "bruxism", is usually done involuntarily. The muscles of the temporomandibular joint are basically way over worked. Consult with a dentist to make sure you haven't extensively damaged your teeth as well as to prevent further damage and pain from grinding.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 36 years experience
Yes: Grinding can cause jaw pain and headaches because you are overworking the muscles that control your jaw. This is similar to a sprain in other groups. Over time you can wear, break, loosen teeth as well as cause internal structural damage to the joint itself. Sleep can be interrupted. So it is important to see a dentist and have treatment, frequently with a night guard.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Yes: Yes, strong relationship. Can cause TMJ problems. Loss of tooth structure through attrition. See your dentist for ways to control grinding. He may refer you to a TMJ specialist.