How can I prevent keloid from forming? Is there any medication or treatment that can prevent keloids from forming? This is for a child.

Dr. Michael Miller
35 years experience in Wound care
Natural process: For some reason, certain people who get skin injuries develop growth of excess tissue in their wounds that is bizarre and irregular. Some treatments to minimize keloid formation include steroid injections into the healing wound, use of silicone pressure dressings on it or topical steroids. Also, the injured area should be protected, kept moist and minimize stress to it. Unusual in children though.
Answered on Jun 2, 2013
1