I have a torn lebrium in my hip. 7 weeks out for orthroscopic surgery. lots of pain. i have a very physical job. can i continue to work.

Dr. Blake Miller
Orthopedic Surgery 13 years experience
Labral tear: Labral tears of the hip are usually a result of impingement from the acetabulum (socket) or the femoral head (ball). The underlying cause needs to be addressed to protect the labrum. Also, there may be some underlying arthritis. You need to speak with your surgeon regarding his/her finding during the hip arthroscopy to determine why your still hurting and if you should be working or not.

Last updated Dec 30, 2014