Bahrain

is hair removal using laser harmful? waxing hurts a lot & shaving isn't good either. i do all areas (hands, legs, bikini, armpit, face & neck). thnx.

Dr. Monib Zirvi
Dermatology 21 years experience
Generally Safe: Lasers to remove hair have become relatively safe and effective. If your skin is fair, the main side effect could be isolated scars from thermal injury if too high a setting is used. For darker skin, discoloration can be seen occasionally. A test treatment in an inconspicuous area is a good way to see how your body reacts to the laser treatment.
Dr. Theda Kontis
Facial Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Laser hair removal: Laser hair removal hurts, too. It is safe if performed by an experienced professional.