i have a small red bump on my upper lip. any easy way to get rid of cold sores?

Dr. Douglas Tavenner, jr.
Cosmetic Dentistry 50 years experience
Comfortable: Stop playing with it or it will get bigger. Do anything that makes you comfortable. It takes about 2 weeks to go away no matter what you seem to do. However check with your pharmacy for a few items that may make you more comfortable - remember that they generally do not shorten the 2 week time.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
2 questions: "Small, red bump" could be several different things. You did not favor us with enough information except to say that a dermatologist will help you. "An easy way to get rid of cold sores" involves understanding herpes virus. Best remedy is to take 2 Grams [2 pills] of valacyclovir at prodrome, when you first perceive the initial tingling of a new sore. This will abort the attack or greatly reduce i