is your chest supposed to start peeling when your pregnant?

Med eval: I have not heard of this. Please contact your obstetrician or dermatologist.

Is it normal for your sternum to pop out while pregnant?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery 32 years experience
Out better than in: Although it is not normal for the sternoclavicular joint (scj) to subluxate or dislocate during pregneancy, it is certainly understandable that this joint as with most others tends to relax and become less stable during pregnancy. Anterior subluxations are more likely to avoid surgery than rare posterior subluxations of an unstable clavicle. Evaluation by orthopaedic surgeon is warranted.
Canada

I'm 35weeks pregnant & my breathin doesn't feel right , feels like its closing up & hurts in my chest my doc says not to worry but doesn't feel right?

Dr. David Barrere
He's probably right: Your doctor is probably right. The majority of the time, symptoms such as yours during pregnancy are as a result of the change in your anatomy. With the uterus enlarging, you diaphragm gets "pushed up" and thus, diminishes your lung capacity. Also, you rib cage changes its orientation slightly and cause discomfort. In rare cases, you have to worry about blood clots in the lungs.

Cramping just below the chest is common in pregnancy?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Not common: Chest pain is not common in pregnancy and should be promptly evaluated.
Cumming, GA

Is bandaging ribs dangerous when pregnant?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
No: Not unless the bandaging is restrictive to one's breathing.
Canada

Is it true that your rib cage can actually expand during pregnancy permanently causing me to have wider measurements under my chest?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
No: Your rib cage will not permanently expand. Many gain weight during pregnancy. This may account for the wider measurements

Last updated Jun 2, 2013