Martinsburg, WV

i need to find a psychiatrist who does therapy and is available online or by phone because i'm not physically able to get to an office i have medicare?

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management 39 years experience
Psychiatrist: The days of this type of physician is fast disappearing. This is directly due to the new healthcare "reform" of the current democrats. Therapy and treatment requires "face to face" encounters. I wish you luck. Healthcare in my opinion is going to go through a "dark phase" in the usa.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
I agree that fewer psychiatrists providing psychotherapy these days is an unfortunate trend -- but it has nothing to do with the Affordable Care Act or Democrats. These changes began many years ago, long predating our current administration. Despite this, there are still psychiatrists who provide psychotherapy. Generally Medicare and other insurance providers prefer not to pay for it, though. The ACA will allow more people to receive care. Insurance companies try to limit this no matter what political party is in office. There are telepsychiatry practices in many areas, and something like this may be possible for this person.
May 18, 2013
Dr. Mara Fiorentino
Access to the office: Most psychiatrists' offices have accommodations for handicapped persons, and medicare provides van transportation to their offices in most states. If you are home bound, you can receive services at home through a home health service and visiting nurses. Online psychiatric services are not approved for all states yet, so you will need to use the resources available to you in your location.