A male asked:

8 weeks no heartbeat the dr said my baby is gone. no sign of bleeding no cramping and no any pain. is there any chance that my baby is still alive?

Dr. Chevies Newman
21 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
It is difficult to: Go from thinking everything is ok to hearing that the pregnancy will not work. I will usually feel the patient out and bring them in again for a repeat scan; not for my benefit, it's just such a shocker it leaves people with doubts. At eight weeks a heartbeat is easily visible in a living fetus. We can now pick this up before signs of miscarriage. It doesn't point to future bad outcomes. Sorry.
Answered on May 17, 2013
1