a week ago, i fainted in a bathroom at a resturaunt and i hit the side of my head/face pretty hard. i still have a headache.what should i do?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Sathish Adigopula
19 years experience Pediatrics
.: 1. You need to know why you lost consciousness - consult a doctor. 2. If you still have pain, it might be because of the external injury, but it might be prudent to have a physical exam to check for any signs of internal injury to your brain and neck. Good luck, have a nice day.
Answered on May 22, 2013
1
Dr. Martin Raff
55 years experience Infectious Disease
Two issues: You should definitely see a doctor. First to find out why you fainted. That, as I am sure you know, is not normal. Second you need to be evaluated to make sure you do not have a subdural hematoma (blood on the outer edge of the brain) which can be potentially life-threatening, although if a week has passed is a little less worrisome. See somebody soon and good luck.
Answered on May 15, 2013
1
Dr. Nishan Odabashian
29 years experience Endodontics
May Be Normal: What you want to be careful of is that you don't have a hematoma of a vessel in the head and neck area. If it is just a head ache, then it may be normal but you should monitor it that it does not get worse. If you are having nausea, fever, double vision, i would seek help from your physician, otherwise, if those symptoms are absent, you should get better. If it doesn't go away in a month, seek hel.
Answered on Feb 24, 2014
1