Philippines

I recently had my yearly x-ray and when the result came out it says i have a slight levoscoliosis of the thoracic spine. what could be possible remedy?

Dr. Tal David
Orthopedic Surgery 27 years experience
Levoscoliosis: A slight levoscoliosis is usually nothing to worry about. At the age of 27 yo it is unlikely to worsen. However, if this scoliosis has progressed since your last x-ray or if it worsens over time, you should have an MRI of your spine.
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 40 years experience
The fact this is a : Slight finding indicates that there should be no indication to treat but possibly suggest a MRI as it is a left type curve which could suggest a neurologic cause. Once that is ruled out, then just periodic evaluation is all that would be needed.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017