will sleeping on one side of my body reduce nighttime heartburn?

Dr. Robert Benner
Elevate your head: Because the valve that keeps acid in your stomach is more relaxed, and the enlarging uterus presses on the stomach, you are more prone to reflux. Reflux results from the acid spilling or leaking upward into the esophagus. Gravity can help if you elevate the head of the bed, or even just use an extra pillow to lift your head above your stomach.
Dr. Robert Ryan
Dentistry 50 years experience
Probably not: You may have a hiatal hernia that allows stomach acid to enter the esophagus. Antacids may help with symptoms and sleep. See a physician for a more complete evaluation.