my 16 year old daughter has suffered periodic debilitating headaches, often accompanied by stomach pain. she has synthroid (thyroxine) treated thyroid disease?

Dr. James Marx
Pain Management 48 years experience
? Migraine: Sounds like she could be suffering from migraine headache. Is there anyone else in the family with headaches? The thyroid disease could also fit in if there is a problem with the pituitary gland at the base of the brain. You should see a doctor that specializes in headache or a neurologist. There are medications to prevent and treat migraine. You need to get a diagnosis first, however.
Dr. David Miller
Dr. David Milleranswered
Headache diary: The best all-around tip for headaches is a headache diary. This includes the timing and severity of your headaches, what you were doing prior to, etc. Also important is what you do for them and whether it works. Here's a helpful link to get you started. http://www.headaches.org/for_professionals/headache_diary.