Jacksonville, NC

The skin around my lips is peeling and is lighter than the rest of my face. i think it's because of my mouth guard from lacrosse that just ended?

Dr. Robert Jackson
Dermatology 43 years experience
Please see: Please see your dermatologist for evaluation and to discuss treatment options. This way you can find out for sure.
Dr. Gary Caletti
Dentistry 46 years experience
Many possibilities: There are many possibilities as to why the skin around your lips may be peeling. These include dryness, possible allergic reactions to facial creams, and yes, possibly the mouth guard. It is best to start with a process of elimination, starting with the mouth guard.
Dr. Stephen Calendine
Dentistry 34 years experience
Dried Saliva: Mouthguards tend to make you mouth breathe drying saliva around your lips more...And dried saliva from licking your lips can look like what you're describing.

Last updated Dec 10, 2016