I had my gall bladder removed at 22 years of age. I am now 63. Could that cause bloating and gas in the evening?

Dr. Thomas Byrnes
28 years experience in Family Medicine
Depends: The gall bladder stores bile that helps digest fats in your diet. Your liver makes the bile and should still be making it. How long have you been having bloating and gas? Have your tried eating different foods or nothing in the evening to see how that might affect things. It takes several months of careful observation and keeping written records sometimes to figure these things out.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
2