can anxiety last all day?

Dr. L. Kevin Chapman
Clinical Psychology 15 years experience
Yes: Anxiety is a process involving thoughts, feelings, behaviors, and physiological arousal. It certainly can last all day. Add worry, which is a cognitive, verbal-linguistic attempt at problem solving upcoming events (usually ineffective), and you have an additional process that increases anxiety.
That is possible.: Anxiety symptoms can include feeling nervous or irritable, muscle tension (especially in neck, shoulders ; back), poor quality or minimal sleep, lack of concentration ; easy fatiguability. Lump in throat or butterfly in stomach sensation can occur. Sometimes the worst thing about anxiety is the just not being able to put your finger on the reason that you feel that way.