what are the signs of sepsis i have an abcess and its really painful red hot to the touch and the pains.going up my leg?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Leena Varughese
12 years experience Pathology
Fever, low bp...: Sepsis requires immediate attention at a hospital. The symptoms can rapidly evolve from fever, hypotension, chills, increased heart rate, etc. The issue is the pain going up the leg, and it would be worthwhile to check into the local er at this point to make sure that there isn't a more serious underlying problem.
Answered on Jul 9, 2017
3
Dr. Payam Rafat
21 years experience Podiatry
Have it evaluated.: If an infective agent travels to the blood stream and spreads, it could cause what is called sepsis. With sepsis the body is greatly challenged to fight the infection. In severe cases the patient may go into multi-organ failure, shock, or even death. Have it evaluated and get the appropriate treatment.
Answered on Mar 19, 2014