what can i do if my gums bleed frequently when i brush my teeth?

Dr. Abraham Jaskiel
Dentistry 22 years experience
Bleeding gums: You may have gingivitis or/and periodontal disease. Plaque is a sticky bio film that can be removed with a toothbrush, calculus is a harder and attaches itself to the tooth and root surface and needs to be removed professionally by a hygienist or dentist. See you dentist for an evaluation.
Dr. Karen Liu
Periodontics 21 years experience
Check your gum: You probably have gum infection/inflammation. Go to see your dentist and get a good tooth cleaning as soon as possible.
Dr. J. Richard Shih
Cosmetic Dentistry 28 years experience
There are many situations that the gum will have frequent bleeding including serious medical condition such as Leukemia. Please see your dentist first to rule out gum disease. If the condition persisted, seeing a physician is suggested.
Aug 16, 2013