what can i do to treat soreness from gout?

Dr. Steven Sheskier
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 39 years experience
Indocin (indomethacin): Indocin (indomethacin) is the most effective non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that is used for treating the pain of a gout attack. It also can irritate your stomach. There are other drugs like Colchicine that can help decrease pain of a gout attack
Dr. Seymour Beiser
Podiatry 63 years experience
Watch what you eat : And drink... You should have a list of foods low in purine and you may also need to be on a medication to keep you from getting acute attacks..
Dr. Thomman Kuruvilla
Podiatry 22 years experience
NSAIDS: Most soreness and aches from gout can be treated with topical nsaids to oral nsaids. I use our cutting edge pain laser to reduce soreness in many of our gout patients.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
I use the cutting edge injection, for severe pain. One injection, 10 seconds, covered by insurance.
Apr 27, 2013
Dr. Alvin Stein
Pain Management 60 years experience
Treat gout properly: Patients with gout should be on proper levels of medication to lower uric acid which is the cause of gout. This should be a chronic use drug that keeps the problem undr control. The acute pain of gout is best treated with colchicine. The pain is gone in a day or so. I find no use for nsaids in gout. If the chronic pain may need prolotherapy.Visit www.Getprolo.Com or www.Aaomed.Org.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
Warm water soaks: And or topical antiinflammatories may be helpful.